The Toowoomba region retains many relics and reminders of its early days following settlement in the 1840s.
- Jondaryan Woolshed with 150 years of the region’s agricultural history and try your hand at damper and camp oven cooking
- With memorabilia dating from 1912, the Museum of Australian Army Flying at Oakey has aircraft, engines, uniforms, history of the Oakey Airfield, photographs and memoirs
- At the Highfields Pioneer Village see collections of shells, antique radios and the vintage machinery, a Blacksmith Shop and Boot Repair Shop
- Visit the Transport and Main Roads Heritage Centre and travel the winding road through this unique museum and discover a new perspective of the history of road making in Queensland
- Learn about the early days of the region, view the National Carriage Collection then see a demonstration of a traditional craft at Cobb + Co Museum
- Experience the sights and sounds of war a view military memorabilia at the Milne Bay Military Museum
- Tour backstage at the Empire Theatre, the heritage listed Art Deco venue, Australia’s largest regional performing arts complex
- Take a self-guided Historical walk through Russell Street or Mort Estate using a brochure from the Toowoomba Visitor Information Centre.