Ten minutes drive north from Toowoomba, Highfields and adjoining Cabarlah abound with craft shops, boutiques and cafes. A further 30 minutes is Crow’s Nest, whose surrounding area is blessed with natural beauty.Ten minutes drive north from Toowoomba, Highfields and adjoining Cabarlah abound with craft shops, boutiques and cafes. A further 30 minutes is Crow’s Nest, whose surrounding area is blessed with natural beauty.
- Spring Bluff Railway Station near Highfields is the place to enjoy a Devonshire tea while admiring the award winning gardens.
- Crows Nest National Park has a beautiful, cool rock pool. Activities include bushwalking, bird watching, picnicking, nature study, camping and swimming.
- Ravensbourne National Park with spectacular views has numerous walking tracks through wet schlerophyll forest and remnant rainforest.
- Beutel’s lookout at Ravensborne scenic reserve adjoining the National Park is perfect for a picnic for a large group.
- Lake Cooby has freshwater fishing and boating.
- Lake Cressbrook offers fishing, windsurfing, power boating, sailing, beach volleyball, camping and excellent barbecue and picnic areas.
- Perseverance Dam has picnic facilities and bush walking.
Meeting venues in Highfields and Crows Nest include:
- Highfields Cultural Centre is a purpose-built venue catering to conferences, trade shows, functions and performances, with seating for 500 theatre style and full catering available on site.
- Perseverance Recreation Centre Lodge at Perseverance Dam is an excellent accommodation base for those participating in outdoor education experiences and is an ideal location for school and community group camps.
- Reflections – Lake Cooby has stunning views over Lake Cooby, perfect for water based team building activities along with low and high ropes and climbing wall. The conference centre seats 80 theatre style.